Wednesday, June 25, 2008

heading home



We're super excited around here because we're heading up to my parents' this weekend to a shindig celebrating the engagement/impending wedding of these two fabulous people, my sister Ruth and her soon-to-be husband Jordan (and we're excited because we actually get to meet Jordan for the first time!) My uncle is coming in from New York City today and Ruth and Jordan are flying in tonight from Utah, so it will be great to see everyone. I am looking forward to it SO MUCH!!!!! Hours in the kitchen with my mom and sisters cooking up things like baklava and truffles and artichoke dip for the open house, foosball tournaments with Neil, early-morning running with Dad (hopefully! if you're not working!), and watching my kids go crazy with joy for their much-loved family. Hurrah!!

And then in two weeks we're headed out to Utah where Ruth and Jordan will be sealed for time and eternity in the Salt Lake temple. We'll get to see all of Neil's family, most of whom we haven't seen in the last two years, we'll take the girls to the grounds of the Mount Timpanogos temple where Neil and I were married and visit the BYU campus (where we both did our undergrad work and I did my grad studies) and tell them about how we met in a class right after Neil got home from his mission, we'll go camping and hiking in the mountains, we'll drive up to Idaho to visit my grandmother, and then we'll spend three days with just our little family in Yellowstone.
I can hardly wait.

I love summer. I love the mountains. I love camping. I love family!!!

Now I just have to buckle down and get ready to leave...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

you didn't mention eating at Cafe Rio

sarah said...

one question - how do you decide which temple to be sealed in? or do you get that choice?

lanada said...

do you have my phone number? if you do, call me, because i think i am going to try to meet you guys in utah the weekend after ruth's wedding.

assuming, of course, that you don't mind me crashing the party!

Rachael said...

sarah, you can choose whatever temple you'd like. usually it's just based on what's closest to you. there's lots of temples in utah, so there's a wide variety of choices there. lots of times people also decide to be married in a certain temple because they think it's particularly beautiful or because it has sentimental value attached to it--for instance, my parents were married in salt lake, which I assume is factoring into Ruth's decision. my husband and I chose to be married in Mt. Timpanogos because it was so close to my husband's parents' home, plus I think it's absolutely beautiful!

and jen, i probably need a reminder of your phone. email me! we're actually leaving Utah on Sunday the 20th--did you mean that weekend or the next one? we'll be home the weekend of the 25th.

sarah said...

thanks for the quick reply - and btw, i think all your temples are so beautiful. :)

Malinda said...

I know that all of us Bailey's here in Utah are very much looking forward to seeing you soon. We had a blast with Caleb and Juli last week, and wish you could have come too, but I guess we'll survive...

The Shabby Princess said...

Ah, have so much fun!! That's so neat that you're going to take your girls around the grounds of the temple you were married in. My cousin(s) were married in the Mount Timpanogos temple and I love it--it is beautiful. (but, natch, they all are)

Have such a wonderful time with your family! --and enjoy Utah! I haven't been there in...well... ages :(

tricki_nicki said...

So wait, you're going to post while you're gone, right?

That's not a good question for me to ask since I didn't do it while I was gone.

I was thinking that I should have asked my favorite blog buddies to host while I was gone. I'm going to do that next time. Have fun - I'll miss you!

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

Awe, I just saw your pink flower dress pics and wow..you are pretty gorgeous! Can I please look that good soon? My HS reunion is in 2 months BUT I just had a baby... please tell me what you do, I'd like do do it too!

Rachael said...

lots of running, cristina. lots and lots of running. i still feel like i have a looong way to go though!

Related Posts with Thumbnails