Thursday, August 07, 2008

one year

This morning I took Juliet to the hospital for the surgery to implant her ear tubes. We left at 5:30 a.m., and I thought a lot about what I was doing exactly a year ago at 5:30 a.m--getting ready to head to the hospital for her birth (scheduled induction). It's hard to believe it's only been a year and that it's already been a year.

A year ago yesterday:



A year ago this morning:



A year ago this afternoon (black and white because otherwise the photo is pretty scary!)



A year ago tomorrow:



I can't even begin to tell you what a delightful little person Juliet is. She's sweet-tempered and loving and affectionate, with just enough spice of mischief to make her interesting (case in point: this morning Abigail fell down, banged her head, and dropped a cookie: Juliet booked it over there to devour the cookie while Abigail was wailing and I was comforting her).



I love this little baby so much. I love her gurgly delighted laugh. I love how she waves frantically (bye-bye NOW!) whenever she's tired and wants to go to bed. I love how her favorite thing to do is climb up on a stack of pillows or the couch and fall over, laughing hysterically. I love how much she adores Abigail. I love her squinty cranky face, and how her favorite food is black beans, and the way she rubs the silky binding on her blankie when she's falling asleep, and her adventurous little nature (she climbed all the way up the slide on our swingset all by herself (we let her go to see how far she'd get so we knew for future child-watching purposes, and she breezed right up). I love how the bushels of peaches I picked at the peach orchard yesterday were all covered in teeny Juliet-sized bites. I love the fact that the time at the hospital today (that I was dreading, since she couldn't have any food and I had to wake her up 2 hours early) was a great big cuddle fest with my silly smiling baby.

I just adore her.

5 comments:

Sarah Harward said...

Are you kidding me?! That's what you looked like a year ago pregnant! The day before you delivered! AMAZING! I'm bigger than that now, I swear, and I've still got until December!!!

Elise Decker said...

aw, you pretty much have the cutest kids in the whole world!!! i can't wait to see you guys tomorrow!

Kritta22 said...

Happy Birthday Juliet!! I hope you feel better with your ears fixed!

joanna said...

I love the one-year mark! They're so cute at this age.

I laughed when you talked about Juliet-sized bite marks all over your peaches.

tricki_nicki said...

I can't believe you were about to deliver in that picture. You were TINY!!

Juliet looks so much like you! She's beautiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails