Monday, August 11, 2008

ouch!

I spent about seven hours today editing the websites for my courses this semester. I have a love/hate relationship with online syllabi; most of the readings for my students are online so it's nice to just link to the specific reading, or upload a Powerpoint I'll show in class, etc.

But my fingers hurt from scrolling all day! Plus all my "free time" (naptime and after the kids are in bed) is totally shot.

But on the other hand...huge weight off my mind. So good to have that done. A bit scary to realize the semester starts in two weeks and I'll go back to "work" again (as opposed to my much more grueling and demanding work as a mother. And no, I'm not being sarcastic--working outside the home is definitely easier for me in a lot of ways!)

I may not be blogging much in the next few weeks...I really need to cram all the excitement and fun and playing humanly possible into the next two weeks (plus my to-do list is a mile and a half long). On the other hand, blogging is therapeutic, so I'll probably be blogging anyway.

4 comments:

Nate & Nicole said...

I have to say, I'm a little jealous! I miss teaching. What are you teaching? I'd love to hear more about your courses.

Kritta22 said...

What classes are you teaching? You are a superstar!

Elise Decker said...

and you have to blog about the weekend here!!

Rachael said...

Nicole, it's a lot like advanced writing at BYU. I'm teaching technical writing, which is basically the same course I taught at BYU but with a different book, and business writing, which is totally different. LOTS of group work, which I'm not crazy about as a teacher. But I really enjoy both courses! This will be the third year I've taught here, which is kind of crazy to think about.

Related Posts with Thumbnails