
Now I just have to buckle down and get ready to leave...
You are the trip I did not take, you are the pearls I could not buy, you are my blue Italian lake, you are my piece of foreign sky.

"What a happy woman I am living in a garden, with books, babies, birds, and flowers, and plenty of leisure to enjoy them!"
--Elizabeth von Arnim
from Elizabeth and Her German Garden (1898)
Thanks for visiting! I'm a happy wife and mother to six delightfully mischievous children. I fill my early mornings with university teaching and spend the rest of the day finding joy in my children, my garden, and my kitchen. I love running & reading, planning new adventures, trying out new recipes, and watching my children discover their world. This is my blog: be prepared for lots of pictures, lots of foodie talk, and lots of ruminations on my continually evolving philosophies on parenting, eating, and living.
Please comment!!! (I hate that talking-to-the-void feeling). Or feel free to email me at theirchronicles@gmail.com.
10 comments:
you didn't mention eating at Cafe Rio
one question - how do you decide which temple to be sealed in? or do you get that choice?
do you have my phone number? if you do, call me, because i think i am going to try to meet you guys in utah the weekend after ruth's wedding.
assuming, of course, that you don't mind me crashing the party!
sarah, you can choose whatever temple you'd like. usually it's just based on what's closest to you. there's lots of temples in utah, so there's a wide variety of choices there. lots of times people also decide to be married in a certain temple because they think it's particularly beautiful or because it has sentimental value attached to it--for instance, my parents were married in salt lake, which I assume is factoring into Ruth's decision. my husband and I chose to be married in Mt. Timpanogos because it was so close to my husband's parents' home, plus I think it's absolutely beautiful!
and jen, i probably need a reminder of your phone. email me! we're actually leaving Utah on Sunday the 20th--did you mean that weekend or the next one? we'll be home the weekend of the 25th.
thanks for the quick reply - and btw, i think all your temples are so beautiful. :)
I know that all of us Bailey's here in Utah are very much looking forward to seeing you soon. We had a blast with Caleb and Juli last week, and wish you could have come too, but I guess we'll survive...
Ah, have so much fun!! That's so neat that you're going to take your girls around the grounds of the temple you were married in. My cousin(s) were married in the Mount Timpanogos temple and I love it--it is beautiful. (but, natch, they all are)
Have such a wonderful time with your family! --and enjoy Utah! I haven't been there in...well... ages :(
So wait, you're going to post while you're gone, right?
That's not a good question for me to ask since I didn't do it while I was gone.
I was thinking that I should have asked my favorite blog buddies to host while I was gone. I'm going to do that next time. Have fun - I'll miss you!
Awe, I just saw your pink flower dress pics and wow..you are pretty gorgeous! Can I please look that good soon? My HS reunion is in 2 months BUT I just had a baby... please tell me what you do, I'd like do do it too!
lots of running, cristina. lots and lots of running. i still feel like i have a looong way to go though!
Post a Comment