Friday, July 06, 2007
because i have free time...
so I am being completely indulgent in my joy over finishing this project several days early. and because i LOVE answering them (although i don't know if anyone actually likes reading them, although i found Mary Beth's, from whom i stole this, quite entertaining), here is my 80-question thingie. and i don't know how to hide it, so if you don't want to read it, just keep scrollin' down for today's "real" post.
1. What curse word do you use the most?
Um...I don't swear. But I do use the "Mormon versions" more than I wish I did.
2. Do you own an iPod?
No. I don't have a cell phone either. Can you say grad students?
3. What person on your flist do you talk to the most?
What's an flist? Is that some livejournal thing?
4. What time is your alarm clock set to?
6:08 am. Exactly how long I need to get dressed, put in my contacts, brush my teeth, pull my hair up, and drive to Andrea's.
5. Do you still remember the first person you kissed?
No, rumour has it that it was when I was 3 and my mom found me playing Sleeping Beauty on the stage at church with one of the little boys when I should have been in Primary. I don't even know how I knew about Sleeping Beauty--we didn't have a TV and I don't remember having the storybooks until several years later. Osmosis, perhaps?
6. Do you remember where you were on 11/9/01?
Yes. I was a freshman in college and I was brushing my teeth and my friend Bob called and told me to turn on the TV and I just stood there and cried while I watched the plane hit the second tower. I remember clearly that I didn't even spit out the toothpaste.
7. Would you rather take the picture or be in the picture?
Um...it depends. I take a lot of pictures of Abigail and Neil, but I really wish I was in more of them, since it looks like I was the absentee mother when we flip through albums.
8. What was the last movie you watched?
About two minutes of Cinderella.
9. Do any of your friends have children?
Are you kidding me? They outnumber thems what's got no kids.
10. Has anyone ever called you lazy?
Um--more of the exact opposite. And it's not always meant as a compliment!
11. Do you ever take medication to help you fall asleep?
No. I did a couple of times freshman year during finals week, but it always gave me nightmares, so it didn't seem worth the tradeoff.
12. What cd is currently in your cd player?
Gershwin, Vivaldi's Four Seasons, and a Billy Joel mix. And there's a jazz CD in the car.
13. Do you prefer regular or chocolate milk?
The BYU Creamery's chocolate milk is pretty much the greatest thing ever, but I generally opt for skim.
14. Has anyone told you a secret this week?
Um...Abigail told me "Daddy walked in road no-no." Does that count?
15. When was the last time you had Starbucks?
Not a coffee drinker, obviously, but it does start to smell pretty tempting on long layovers in the middle of the night. Can you just eat the sprinkles and whipped cream?
16. Can you whistle?
You betcha.
17. What is the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
Legs, oddly enough. Which is probably why I married a man who's 6'5". To tell you the truth, it was when he stood up in class that I started thinking about how to get him to ask me out.
18. What are you looking forward to?
I have a girls' night party tonight and then it's the WEEKEND and I will have my HUSBAND around! And the farmer's market is tomorrow morning.
19. Did you watch cartoons as a child?
Not at home, since we didn't have a TV, but it was always super exciting on vacation or at my grandparents' house.
20. Do you own any band t-shirts?
Nope. Neither of us do, actually.
21. What will you be doing in one hour?
Probably reading stories to Abigail snuggled up on "Mommy bed."
22. Is anyone in love with you?
He better be.
23. What was the last song you heard?
Neil whistling "Rhapsody in Blue." Incessantly.
24. Last time you cried?
Yesterday morning--Abigail was naming her pieces of toast rather than eating them and I was exhausted and stressed about being late for my class. It's so much worse when you're the professor...
25. Are you on a desktop computer or a laptop?
Just put the laptop away, so this would be the desktop.
26. Are you currently wanting any piercings or tattoos?
Nope!
27. What’s the weather like?
Too hot. Anything over 70 is too hot.
28. Would you ever date a girl/guy covered in tattoos?
Gross. No.
29. What did you do before this?
Worked on editing, changed several diapers, made lunch...
30. When is the last time you slept on the floor?
When I was in labor with Abigail. I was worried about waking Neil up if I stayed in bed, so some martyr-esque notion convinced me that rather than waking him up to take me to the hospital, I should wait until at least 5 am (at which point I'd been in hard labor for 12 hours with contractions every 4 minutes). Not the brightest thing I've ever done.
31. How many hours of sleep do you need to function?
Well, I got four last night, and I'm functionally. Optimally, 8.
32. Do you eat breakfast daily?
Yes. I get very sick if I don't.
33. Are your days fast-paced?
Yes and no. Fast-paced with things that aren't necessarily productive, and they go slowly when I want them to go fast and vice versa.
34. What did you do last night?
Made dinner and enjoyed some family time, then worked on editing from 7:30 until about midnight.
35. Do you use sarcasm?
Not much anymore. It would be kind of cruel to do that to a two-year-old. Although I do like coming into class and asking everyone to turn in their papers and enjoying the panicked muttering until someone realizes I'm just toying with them. That's not really sarcasm, however.
36. How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
Twenty-four. And it's this month!
37. Are you picky about spelling and grammar?
Ohhhh yes. Perhaps obsessively so.
38. Have you ever been to Six Flags?
And I quote Mary Beth--"Cedar Point is way better." Make that waaaaaayyy better.
39. Do you get along better with the same sex or the opposite sex?
I used to get along better with guys but now I try to not really hang out with guys other than my husband, so I don't know. I definitely get along better with Neil than I do with Abigail, but perhaps that's because Neil is toilet-trained.
40. Do you like mustard?
Occasionally.
41. Do you sleep on your side?
Um...I hate sleeping on my side. I'm a stomach sleeper. Unfortunately that doesn't happen when one is 8 months pregnant, so yes, for now I am a grudging side sleeper.
42. Do you watch the news?
For the first five minutes while I'm on the elliptical, yes. Then I start reading US News. I usually read MSNBC news online every day.
43. How did you get one of your scars?
Sorry, MB, too good to pass up--my little sister chopped off my finger in the door while simultaneously stealing my socks.
44. Who was the last person to make you mad?
How mad are we talking? Frustrated? That would be my sweet little toddler. But reeeally mad? I don't know...
45. Do you like anybody?
Yes.
46. What is the last thing you purchased?
A day pool pass.
47. What side of the heart do you draw first?
Left, starting from the middle.
48. Can you dive without plugging your nose?
I don't think I've tried to dive since I smashed my ankle to the bone and had to wear a walking cast for six weeks and still have a badly swollen and malformed ankle to this day. Sort of scared of diving now.
49. What colour is your razor?
Blue.
50. What is your blood-type?
A neg.
51. Who would you want to be tied to for 24 hours?
Um...my infant-in-utero. We've gotten pretty good at it over the last few months.
52. What is a rumour someone has spread about you?
I don't think I've ever heard any, to be perfectly honest.
53. How do you feel about carrots?
Good, but not as tasty as celery with peanut butter.
54. How many chairs at the dining room table?
2, I think. Abigail likes to move them around. But two are in our room right now, so that only leaves two.
55. Which is the best Spice Girl?
Um...no idea.
56. Do you know what time it is?
2:31 EST. Wow, this is taking awhile.
57. Do you know all the words to the Fresh Prince Theme Song?
I know none of them. I don't even know what that is. Was it a TV show?
58. What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator?
Probably go ballistic and try to climb out the top.
59. What’s your favourite kind of gum?
My dad's repeated "People look like cows chewing their cud when they chew gum" sunk in a little too well--I really don't like gum at all.
60. T or F: All’s fair in love and war?
False. Morality always applies. (good answer, MB)
61. Do you have a crush on anyone?
I don't think Neil counts. Can you have a crush on someone you're married to? I definitely love him lots.
62. Do you know how to use some words correctly, but not know the meaning?
Confessions of someone who has a grad. degree in literature: yes. But it's usually a fairly esoteric word.
63. Do you like to sleep?
Mmm, yes.
64. Do you know which US states don’t use Daylight Savings Time?
Arizon for sure. Hawaii?
65. Do you know the song Total Eclipse of the Heart?
Yep.
66. Do you want a bright yellow ‘06 mustang?
Who in their right mind would turn down a free car? It's free, right?
67. What’s something you’ve always wanted?
I haven't "always" wanted this, but I have for the last three years--a new Wearever nonstick frying pan. Something I've always wanted...hmm, that's hard. I'm pretty happy with my life.
68. Do you have hairy LEGS?
No, I shaved today.
69. Would you rather swim in the ocean or a lake?
Ooh, that's a toughie. I love both. Are we talking Great Lakes? They mostly count as oceans. If we're talking about a little wimpy lake, there's no way.
70. Do you wear a lot of black?
Oh yeah. I'm wearing black right now.
71. Describe your hair:
Probably too long (most of the way down my back), but Neil likes it. Brown with lots of natural reddish blonde highlights and just enough of a wave that it actually needs to be styled.
72. Do you have Entomophobia?
No. Not a bug fan, but I can deal with them. Except for the caterpillar that somehow got onto the bathroom rug. That was not cool.
73. Are you an adult?
I don't feel like it, but I'm somebody's mom, so I guess in theory that makes me one.
74. Where is/are your best friend(s)?
Texas, Utah, California, Michigan.
75. Do you have a tan?
Yes, thanks to my mother's olive-skinned genes.
76. Are you a television addict?
No. I'm really not a TV fan--we don't have one and I like it that way.
77. Do you enjoy spending time with your mother?
Oh my goodness yes! She gets cooler with every year that I age. :-)
78. Are you a sugar freak?
No, it gives me headaches if I eat very much. Even sugared cereal knocks me out for the day (unfortunately cookies don't have the same effect).
79. Do you like orange juice?
Yes--the pulpier the better.
80. What sign are you?
Leo.
1. What curse word do you use the most?
Um...I don't swear. But I do use the "Mormon versions" more than I wish I did.
2. Do you own an iPod?
No. I don't have a cell phone either. Can you say grad students?
3. What person on your flist do you talk to the most?
What's an flist? Is that some livejournal thing?
4. What time is your alarm clock set to?
6:08 am. Exactly how long I need to get dressed, put in my contacts, brush my teeth, pull my hair up, and drive to Andrea's.
5. Do you still remember the first person you kissed?
No, rumour has it that it was when I was 3 and my mom found me playing Sleeping Beauty on the stage at church with one of the little boys when I should have been in Primary. I don't even know how I knew about Sleeping Beauty--we didn't have a TV and I don't remember having the storybooks until several years later. Osmosis, perhaps?
6. Do you remember where you were on 11/9/01?
Yes. I was a freshman in college and I was brushing my teeth and my friend Bob called and told me to turn on the TV and I just stood there and cried while I watched the plane hit the second tower. I remember clearly that I didn't even spit out the toothpaste.
7. Would you rather take the picture or be in the picture?
Um...it depends. I take a lot of pictures of Abigail and Neil, but I really wish I was in more of them, since it looks like I was the absentee mother when we flip through albums.
8. What was the last movie you watched?
About two minutes of Cinderella.
9. Do any of your friends have children?
Are you kidding me? They outnumber thems what's got no kids.
10. Has anyone ever called you lazy?
Um--more of the exact opposite. And it's not always meant as a compliment!
11. Do you ever take medication to help you fall asleep?
No. I did a couple of times freshman year during finals week, but it always gave me nightmares, so it didn't seem worth the tradeoff.
12. What cd is currently in your cd player?
Gershwin, Vivaldi's Four Seasons, and a Billy Joel mix. And there's a jazz CD in the car.
13. Do you prefer regular or chocolate milk?
The BYU Creamery's chocolate milk is pretty much the greatest thing ever, but I generally opt for skim.
14. Has anyone told you a secret this week?
Um...Abigail told me "Daddy walked in road no-no." Does that count?
15. When was the last time you had Starbucks?
Not a coffee drinker, obviously, but it does start to smell pretty tempting on long layovers in the middle of the night. Can you just eat the sprinkles and whipped cream?
16. Can you whistle?
You betcha.
17. What is the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
Legs, oddly enough. Which is probably why I married a man who's 6'5". To tell you the truth, it was when he stood up in class that I started thinking about how to get him to ask me out.
18. What are you looking forward to?
I have a girls' night party tonight and then it's the WEEKEND and I will have my HUSBAND around! And the farmer's market is tomorrow morning.
19. Did you watch cartoons as a child?
Not at home, since we didn't have a TV, but it was always super exciting on vacation or at my grandparents' house.
20. Do you own any band t-shirts?
Nope. Neither of us do, actually.
21. What will you be doing in one hour?
Probably reading stories to Abigail snuggled up on "Mommy bed."
22. Is anyone in love with you?
He better be.
23. What was the last song you heard?
Neil whistling "Rhapsody in Blue." Incessantly.
24. Last time you cried?
Yesterday morning--Abigail was naming her pieces of toast rather than eating them and I was exhausted and stressed about being late for my class. It's so much worse when you're the professor...
25. Are you on a desktop computer or a laptop?
Just put the laptop away, so this would be the desktop.
26. Are you currently wanting any piercings or tattoos?
Nope!
27. What’s the weather like?
Too hot. Anything over 70 is too hot.
28. Would you ever date a girl/guy covered in tattoos?
Gross. No.
29. What did you do before this?
Worked on editing, changed several diapers, made lunch...
30. When is the last time you slept on the floor?
When I was in labor with Abigail. I was worried about waking Neil up if I stayed in bed, so some martyr-esque notion convinced me that rather than waking him up to take me to the hospital, I should wait until at least 5 am (at which point I'd been in hard labor for 12 hours with contractions every 4 minutes). Not the brightest thing I've ever done.
31. How many hours of sleep do you need to function?
Well, I got four last night, and I'm functionally. Optimally, 8.
32. Do you eat breakfast daily?
Yes. I get very sick if I don't.
33. Are your days fast-paced?
Yes and no. Fast-paced with things that aren't necessarily productive, and they go slowly when I want them to go fast and vice versa.
34. What did you do last night?
Made dinner and enjoyed some family time, then worked on editing from 7:30 until about midnight.
35. Do you use sarcasm?
Not much anymore. It would be kind of cruel to do that to a two-year-old. Although I do like coming into class and asking everyone to turn in their papers and enjoying the panicked muttering until someone realizes I'm just toying with them. That's not really sarcasm, however.
36. How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
Twenty-four. And it's this month!
37. Are you picky about spelling and grammar?
Ohhhh yes. Perhaps obsessively so.
38. Have you ever been to Six Flags?
And I quote Mary Beth--"Cedar Point is way better." Make that waaaaaayyy better.
39. Do you get along better with the same sex or the opposite sex?
I used to get along better with guys but now I try to not really hang out with guys other than my husband, so I don't know. I definitely get along better with Neil than I do with Abigail, but perhaps that's because Neil is toilet-trained.
40. Do you like mustard?
Occasionally.
41. Do you sleep on your side?
Um...I hate sleeping on my side. I'm a stomach sleeper. Unfortunately that doesn't happen when one is 8 months pregnant, so yes, for now I am a grudging side sleeper.
42. Do you watch the news?
For the first five minutes while I'm on the elliptical, yes. Then I start reading US News. I usually read MSNBC news online every day.
43. How did you get one of your scars?
Sorry, MB, too good to pass up--my little sister chopped off my finger in the door while simultaneously stealing my socks.
44. Who was the last person to make you mad?
How mad are we talking? Frustrated? That would be my sweet little toddler. But reeeally mad? I don't know...
45. Do you like anybody?
Yes.
46. What is the last thing you purchased?
A day pool pass.
47. What side of the heart do you draw first?
Left, starting from the middle.
48. Can you dive without plugging your nose?
I don't think I've tried to dive since I smashed my ankle to the bone and had to wear a walking cast for six weeks and still have a badly swollen and malformed ankle to this day. Sort of scared of diving now.
49. What colour is your razor?
Blue.
50. What is your blood-type?
A neg.
51. Who would you want to be tied to for 24 hours?
Um...my infant-in-utero. We've gotten pretty good at it over the last few months.
52. What is a rumour someone has spread about you?
I don't think I've ever heard any, to be perfectly honest.
53. How do you feel about carrots?
Good, but not as tasty as celery with peanut butter.
54. How many chairs at the dining room table?
2, I think. Abigail likes to move them around. But two are in our room right now, so that only leaves two.
55. Which is the best Spice Girl?
Um...no idea.
56. Do you know what time it is?
2:31 EST. Wow, this is taking awhile.
57. Do you know all the words to the Fresh Prince Theme Song?
I know none of them. I don't even know what that is. Was it a TV show?
58. What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator?
Probably go ballistic and try to climb out the top.
59. What’s your favourite kind of gum?
My dad's repeated "People look like cows chewing their cud when they chew gum" sunk in a little too well--I really don't like gum at all.
60. T or F: All’s fair in love and war?
False. Morality always applies. (good answer, MB)
61. Do you have a crush on anyone?
I don't think Neil counts. Can you have a crush on someone you're married to? I definitely love him lots.
62. Do you know how to use some words correctly, but not know the meaning?
Confessions of someone who has a grad. degree in literature: yes. But it's usually a fairly esoteric word.
63. Do you like to sleep?
Mmm, yes.
64. Do you know which US states don’t use Daylight Savings Time?
Arizon for sure. Hawaii?
65. Do you know the song Total Eclipse of the Heart?
Yep.
66. Do you want a bright yellow ‘06 mustang?
Who in their right mind would turn down a free car? It's free, right?
67. What’s something you’ve always wanted?
I haven't "always" wanted this, but I have for the last three years--a new Wearever nonstick frying pan. Something I've always wanted...hmm, that's hard. I'm pretty happy with my life.
68. Do you have hairy LEGS?
No, I shaved today.
69. Would you rather swim in the ocean or a lake?
Ooh, that's a toughie. I love both. Are we talking Great Lakes? They mostly count as oceans. If we're talking about a little wimpy lake, there's no way.
70. Do you wear a lot of black?
Oh yeah. I'm wearing black right now.
71. Describe your hair:
Probably too long (most of the way down my back), but Neil likes it. Brown with lots of natural reddish blonde highlights and just enough of a wave that it actually needs to be styled.
72. Do you have Entomophobia?
No. Not a bug fan, but I can deal with them. Except for the caterpillar that somehow got onto the bathroom rug. That was not cool.
73. Are you an adult?
I don't feel like it, but I'm somebody's mom, so I guess in theory that makes me one.
74. Where is/are your best friend(s)?
Texas, Utah, California, Michigan.
75. Do you have a tan?
Yes, thanks to my mother's olive-skinned genes.
76. Are you a television addict?
No. I'm really not a TV fan--we don't have one and I like it that way.
77. Do you enjoy spending time with your mother?
Oh my goodness yes! She gets cooler with every year that I age. :-)
78. Are you a sugar freak?
No, it gives me headaches if I eat very much. Even sugared cereal knocks me out for the day (unfortunately cookies don't have the same effect).
79. Do you like orange juice?
Yes--the pulpier the better.
80. What sign are you?
Leo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
"31. How many hours of sleep do you need to function?
Well, I got four last night, and I'm functionally. Optimally, 8."
Isn't it interesting that our brains don't recognize when we're not truly "funtionally," so we think we really are? Hope you don't have to operate heavy machinery today, kiddo.
Hah, glad to spread the fun! I love reading other peoples' answers--especially when it involves learning things I didn't know--, so I'm glad you did this. I'll have to infect you with more of 'em!
I was going to mention the scar on my shoulder from where you pushed me into a dresser, but decided not to. Love you too. <3
Post a Comment