Wednesday, July 11, 2007

summer eats

Image:Vache qui rit.gif

First of all...a most heartfelt thank-you to Neil. I know I am truly loved when I find that he has splurged on my favorite cheese, which I have been craving for WEEKS. I am going to be sad when I start doing the grocery shopping again...it's always fun to see what little treats he's bought us.

And next, can I just say I L-O-V-E food in the summer? Everything is so much yummier when it hasn't been shipped over various continents for several days or weeks.

Today for lunch Abigail and I had steamed squash from the garden, as much cantaloupe as we could hold, home-made French bread, and cheddar cheese. It just doesn't get any better than that. And last night I froze three quart-size bags full of green beans from the garden--veggie soup this winter! Hurrah!

When I put Abigail down for her nap today, she threw her arms around my neck and said "I tiss yo mouf!" Adorable. I love that kid.

And if you haven't cast your "vote" yet on baby names, please do so and scroll down! We need some serious tie-breakers, and if you don't normally comment, please rest assured that you don't need a Blogger account to comment and I would love to hear from you, both now and all the time! I have the "comments" function set up so that it sends it directly to my email, so I will always be assured of seeing what you have to say!

3 comments:

Mary Beth said...

I have appealed for help!

sarah said...

Those are some lovely earrings that cow is wearing! lol!

I'm sorry but I just had to laugh at that. :)

Meghan said...

Juliette. Then you have to remember I was bad at names.

Love you.

Dad

Related Posts with Thumbnails