Monday, July 16, 2007

a journaling post

I once read a Chicken Soup for the Soul chapter/section that had a list of all these places that someone had wanted to visit. I think the guy made the list when he was pretty young, and then it had stars next to all the places he'd actually visited. Now for me, I don't know if it's so much places I want to visit as things I want to accomplish, but I've been keeping a running list for some time now, and I decided to post it on here. So here goes!


  • Run a race (I don’t really care if it’s a 5K or a full marathon).
  • Ski Aspen.
  • Ride a donkey down into the Grand Canyon
  • Whitewater raft the Colorado
  • Build sandcastles on every sea coast that I can (so far I've got two: the Atlantic and the Irish Sea)
  • Visit the Philippines
  • Cruise the Aegean and find out if it really IS “wine-dark”
  • Become a certified financial planner
  • Acquire education to the point where I don’t feel pretentious when someone calls me “Professor Bailey”
  • Attend the temple sealings of all of my children
  • Learn to recognize common trees, flowers, and shrubs by their leaves/flowers rather than the little card in their pot at the nursery
  • Publish something other than a scholarly article
  • Teach fitness classes at a health club
  • Visit all the national parks
  • Hike Mt. Timpanogos
  • Go backcountry camping (the kind where you have to get a permit)
  • Learn how to do things to cars other than change the oil/tires, like oh, overhauling an engine or something like that
  • Fly a plane
  • Become a decent tennis player
  • See the revival of one of my favorite musicals on Broadway
  • Take yoga/pilates classes
  • Teach my kids to read
  • Bike the Kal-Haven trail
  • Train for an athletic event
  • Make my own cheese (once)
  • Hike through Snowden with Neil--preferably, spend a week backpacking through Wales
  • See the Parthenon, St. Peter's Basilica, Versailles, Venice (preferably in winter--maybe it wouldn't smell as bad?)
  • hike through the Lake Country
  • buy a grandfather clock from a shop in the Black Forest
  • Design landscaping--not just flowerbeds--for my entire yard
  • Take classes in photography, pottery, and wood-working
  • Become a moderately competent seamstress
  • Enroll in a cooking course at a chef school, preferably a vacation-type one where Neil could come too
  • Ride an elephant

How 'bout you? What's on your list?




1 comment:

Meghan said...

I want to learn to do that loud whistle without hands.
I'm pretty much content with everything else.

Related Posts with Thumbnails