Monday, July 02, 2007
hero worship
Abigail has found a new idol. Today we went to the playground after my class and met up with some of the other women in the ward for a picnic lunch. Abigail asked all the way there if the "boys" (our guests last night) would be there, and when we arrived, she attached herself to one of them and spent the next two hours trotting along behind him like a devoted little puppy.
Fortunately he was really good-natured about it (he's almost three years old) and the two of them apparently really hit it off. I'm relieved that he's less of a daredevil than Abigail--this was the first time we've ever gone to the playground that I haven't had to catch her when she decides to jump from terrifying heights or refuses to go on any slide but the super super tall ones. The two of them spent the majority of the time dropping sticks through the benches where we ate lunch or playing imaginary games under the trees in the shade, so it was a much more restful park experience than we usually have! I'm glad that Abigail is making new friends and is eager to expand her circle of pals so willingly!
Fortunately he was really good-natured about it (he's almost three years old) and the two of them apparently really hit it off. I'm relieved that he's less of a daredevil than Abigail--this was the first time we've ever gone to the playground that I haven't had to catch her when she decides to jump from terrifying heights or refuses to go on any slide but the super super tall ones. The two of them spent the majority of the time dropping sticks through the benches where we ate lunch or playing imaginary games under the trees in the shade, so it was a much more restful park experience than we usually have! I'm glad that Abigail is making new friends and is eager to expand her circle of pals so willingly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Don't you find it amazing how quickly kids make friends? I wish adults could be more like that. Somewhere around middle school we all become self-conscious and less accepting of others. Oh, to be little and make a friend just because you both like sticks.
Post a Comment