Monday, September 08, 2008

Because I don't want to forget...

...that Indian food tastes delicious in the middle of the night (especially when you're snuggled up with your husband watching a movie)...



...that I used to have long hair (scroll down for more on that!)...

...that nothing is more exciting for a three-year-old than decorating for her favorite holiday a few weeks (or months) early...




...that a delightful family makes even the longest coldest outings worthwhile...



...that end-of-summer flowerbeds (sown from seed, might I add) are absolutely ravishing in the early morning...



...that nothing quite hits the spot after a morning of fence-painting like a panini of ciabatta bread, aged Swiss, garden tomatoes, fresh pesto, Virginia ham, butter-cooked mushrooms, and ripe avocado...



...that two small people can have the most gleeful of times destroying a living room while you do the dishes...


...and that those same small children are so adorable it makes your heart turn over.



Even if they're sulking.


Hope you had a good weekend too!

5 comments:

Kilerkki said...

I REALLY want that panini. And the Indian food.

Or lunch of any sort, really. Is the saag homemade? What recipe did you use?

Rachael said...

yep, it's homemade. want the recipe? it's not Mom's; it's one from one of my Indian cookbooks.

Breanne Grover said...

I love the pictures. Thanks for sharing. They made me really hungry.

Kilerkki said...

YES I want the recipe! Could you email it to me sometimes? (Or put it up on icooktorelax to share?)

Jared said...

Katrina's husband here... The Indian food looks great, though I am more jealous of the Thai food you described, and I SO admire your commitment to taking our hydrogenated fat and HFCS out of your diet! We should cut down even more...

Just wanted to say my favorite part of these pictures was the random books under the pumpkins. Very "intelligent" decorating. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails