Tuesday, September 23, 2008

some truths

  • The more stressed I am, the more I exercise (let's see if today tops yesterday's 6 miles). I think it's particularly bad right now because I'm trying to prepare everything possible before my wisdom teeth come out Thursday, except every last second of my free get-things-done time has gone to grading (excepting the five minutes I've just spent blogging with a grumpy keyboard-grabbing baby on my lap). It's a very stressful situation.
  • Whenever I am taking dinner to someone, I have the most impossible day ever. Why is that? Is it because if I wasn't taking dinner to someone else, my family would be eating cold cereal for dinner (which has actually never happened, probably because I always have those days on a day when dinner is going somewhere). Or is it the stress of taking dinner that creates the crazy day? (although today is just crazy anyway: two visiting teaching appointments, the last of the grading pile, a very angry Juliet who won't nap, an appointment this evening, and abigail's dance class). so I must ask: which came first, the chicken or the egg?
  • My children never nap on Tuesday. This is the only day I really need them to nap (because of aforesaid dance class). We're on the fourth week of napping strike on Tuesday--it's getting a little old.
  • And last but not least, I do believe I have the funniest and sweetest three year old ever. Last night she asked for me to read Bread and Jam for France when I was putting her to bed, and said, "Mommy, I picked that one 'cause I know it's your favorite." And secondly, she dressed up "like Mommy" yesterday in this winner of an outfit:


3 comments:

Elise Decker said...

so cute!!! i miss that little girl!

Phil said...

That is one of the cutest pictures of Abigail I have yet seen. Good luck with your dental work! My Dad got me a bag of smarties when I lost my wisdom teeth... hopefully Neil has a better sense of humor.

Heatherbelle said...

Can I bring dinner for your family on Thursday and some ice cream or a smoothie for YOU??? Let me know if I can help. If you say no, I'll probably come by with icecream anyway! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails