Monday, September 08, 2008

Did it!

True story: I have an eyelid that does weird things in pictures (it droops oddly when I smile, but it's only noticeable in pictures).


True story: I came home with my eighth-grade pictures and my mom said (truthfully) after scrutinizing them, "You look drunk."


True story: The photographer who took my senior pictures in high school only shot them from one side of my face. They were very good pictures.


True story: The photograph who did our wedding pictures was not so astute. I look drunk, just in a white dress at the temple. They were not very good pictures (some of the profile ones were okay, however).


True story: After last Monday's post (and because all your comments gave me courage!) I got my hair cut this morning. Neil asked for pictures. I looked drunk in most of them. So we're settling for one with BOTH eyes closed. That's about as good as it gets.


True story: I did not expect my hair to be this short. I was terrified when I saw how much she was cutting off (I was thinking four inches, not ten). And then I looked at it afterwards and decided I really like it (except it's really weird to have a two-inch-long ponytail with the sides all pinned up. And I have sort-of bangs!)



What do you think?

15 comments:

The Jones Family said...

Love it! I think it looks so good on you :)

Megan said...

Beautiful!

Ginger said...

Gasp! I Love it!

Katrina said...

looks great!!! so did you cut enough to donate?

Rachael said...

no, i wasn't thinking she would take off as much as she did, so I didn't even think of telling her to just put it in a ponytail and cut it off. So I think she probably DID cut off enough to donate, but since I wasn't planning to cut that much off...

Adrienne said...

I love it. Hope it's easier. Although I'll miss your long hair. It's was so pretty.

Crapos said...

very cute

Aubrey said...

You look beautiful!

Kilerkki said...

So asleep is better than drunk? :D

Love the haircut! It's just about the same length as mine. ♥

Nate and Nicole said...

Love it!

Meghan said...

Cute hair! I want to see the ones you didn't post.

Brittanie said...

Your hair looks awesome as usual! I think it is a great length and your hair looks even thicker if that is possible!

Kayli said...

So beautiful! I can't wait to see it in person some time. I hope you like it.

rachel said...

Very pretty!

Malinda said...

I think it looks amazing, but what I want to know is what Neil thinks about it.

Also, Rachael, isn't it so FUN to suddenly have your head weigh about three pounds less? :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails