Tuesday, September 09, 2008

continued courting



When Neil got home from the lab last night (around 10:30 or so), I had just finished my evening run. After exchanging a few pleasantries, he carefully suggested that perhaps I would enjoy a shower before I enthusiastically hugged him any more.

When I got out of the shower, we spent a few minutes discussing our plans for the rest of the week. Then he asked me to close my eyes, gently took my hand, and led me into the living room. When I opened my eyes, I saw that he had gathered and lit all of the candles in the house around the perimeter of the room. He hit a button on the CD player, and Air Supply's "**Making Love Out of Nothing At All" began to play. He asked me to dance. So we danced.

It was lovely. In the busyness of the day and all our activities, I rarely have a chance to turn off the lights, close my eyes, and simply be held by my husband.

Then we turned the lights back on, shared a midnight panini, and spent an hour discussing politics, next summer's vacation, where we want to live when we graduate, and positive discipline strategies for our children.

It's lovely being married to him.

**Go here for lyrics.

6 comments:

The Jones Family said...

too sweet :)

Elise Decker said...

so adorable!! reading your blog makes me so happy!

Kritta22 said...

wow what a great hubby! You guys are so cute!

joanna said...

I'm sorry...I think I threw up a little bit...

;) ;)

Rachael said...

joanna, you make me laugh.

Meghan said...

I'm disappointed you didn't tango. Can you tango to that song? You need to keep in practice for the next competition....

Related Posts with Thumbnails