Right now, I think our study is my favorite place in the house. It's actually supposed to be a dining room, and we used it as such the first year or so that we were in this house. Then the table sat in there alone for another year because Juliet was in a food-throwing stage and I decided I'd rather just eat in the breakfast area in the kitchen for all our meals. Finally I got sick of the big wasted space and redid the whole room, and I've loved loved loved it over the past six months or so.
Definitely not perfect--there's still things that I need to do, like find the perfect fabric to recover the futon, or pick up a brushed pewter vase to balance out the lamp, and find an office chair that is both comfortable and chic, but the hours we spend in here are some of the happiest of our day. I love working at my nice clean desk surrounded by brilliant flowers, pictures of my family, my favorite books (or half, since the rest are in the living room), and the gorgeous springtime flowers that crowd up around the window. Something about light being filtered through pink crabapple blossoms makes the whole day just wonderful.
And of course, the room is even better because it's filled with these adorable chickies poring over their books--what better sight to warm the heart of their bookworm mother? (except Abigail is reaaally fascinated by this slinky right now. I've untangled it a bajillion times already tonight and I'm remembering why I hid it in the first place--too bad it was found when we were redoing toy storage today).
1 comment:
We have hidden toys in our house too!!
I love what you did with it! Practical is always better!
Post a Comment