Monday, June 22, 2009

the whys and wherefores

So I feel like I should explain why I don't really feel like blogging lately (I'm tired of whining), and also how my little sisters are the best ever (read on).

Today I was feeling pretty miserable. Everything has been hurting lately. I have all the characteristic pregnancy symptoms that have NEVER bothered me before--morning sickness, my back hurts, my shoes won't fit because my foot is so swollen, I can't sleep because the baby's kicking so hard, my joints hurt so much that if I don't exercise first thing in the morning before the girls are up, it's not likely to happen that day. All that fun stuff.

So today I went to the doctor really hoping to hear great news about things progressing along. Unfortunately, while the baby is between a -1 and a 0 station already (!!), I haven't dilated at all (I was a 1 at this point with Juliet) and I'm 30% effaced. The best thing I can say about itis that at least I haven't gained any weight, because I am depressed about my weight gain (I started out weighing less than with either previous pregnancy, and I've already gained as much weight as I did with Juliet. Although with Jules I lost 4 lbs right at the end, so hopefully this will happen again, rather than going up another 6 lbs and hitting my total weight gain with Abigail).

In any case, I felt fairly glum about that, plus we had a huge list of grocery essentials, and I had to finish changing all the sheets when we got home from the store. So I dragged through the grocery store (heavy cart, heavier Juliet), finished up 3 loads of laundry with lots of help from the girls (they really are great helpers!), fed everyone lunch, read stories, and then sat down to indulge in some good self-indulgent misery time. And then the dratted doorbell rang right when Juliet was finally quiet, and I made faces at the door which I was guessing concealed the neighbor kids who had yet again kicked a football into our garden and wanted me to go retrieve it.

Let me tell you, this was the absolute perfect day for a package from my darling little sisters to arrive from Utah, full of sweet little funny notes and for-no-reason presents like jelly sandals for the girls, some adorable clothes for the baby, and some foot-pampering delights for Neil and I (lucky Neil. :-)) Thank you, girls. You saved me today. Seriously, you are the best. I miss you so much!
Related Posts with Thumbnails