A quick photo update while Neil and the girls are at church (but very quick because Isaac is actually AWAKE for the first time in forever). So far so good--he's really a good baby thus far in that he eats and then goes right back to sleep in his bed--we aren't having to resort to swings and bouncy seats or walking around the living room all night. I really hope this lasts! I can function so much better on five or six hours of sleep than I can on two (i.e. Juliet).
We went to the pediatrician yesterday and he's gaining weight again (he was down to 7.12 when we left the hospital, and he's back up to 8 lbs now, so that was great to hear!!).
Anyway...some pictures. Keeping in mind that I have taken exactly zero pictures since we left the hospital (poor third child, I will try to remedy that soon). I've really been trying to keep our house running smoothly and have the girls feel like they're getting lots of attention too, so it's kind of a balancing act--yesterday we went over to the teeny little local zoo after the pediatrician and spent some time watching the monkeys and wandering through the butterfly garden and playing with the baby goats, which Abigail pronounced to be "very petful."
Here is Isaac working diligently to suck his thumb. We're trying to convince him that a pacifier is better, since we are having the most awful time breaking Abigail of the thumb-sucking habit!
And here he is literally a minute after birth. Looks pretty good, doesn't he?!
6 comments:
um, i commented before, but it looks like it didn't post--i said that you look really beautiful in those pictures--also, you have such a good-looking family!!
I think I recognize Isaac's pose in the first picture from Ruth during HS--just about every posed picture of her was basically the same finger in mouth! Though she pulled it off better than most of her friends, who just looked like they were drooling. Isaac pulls it off better than her friends, too.
How dare you look so great after just having a kid!!! Seriously!
I'm loving abbi's hair!
And that little boy....can I keep him?? He is just perfect!! great job!!
The color of the hospital dress looks great on you!
haha, he does have that same pose, Mom!!! very sexy, if i say so my self...
Congrats on the new little boy! He's beautiful.
Post a Comment