Thursday, July 30, 2009

some days are diamonds, some days are stones

you know it's been a rough day if...

a) your oldest child is washing her dinner off the windows and
b) discovering that the reason why your beans haven't been producing the way they should is because a blasted rabbit has dug itself six tunnels through the beans, all stuffed full of beans and leaves, and has started in on the tomatoes
c) all three children are howling at the top of their lungs simultaneously
d) a calendar is now full of appointments for fun things like the dentist and the dermatologist (to find out if a newly painful and growing mole is cancerous or something fun like that)
e) Juliet has figured out how to take off her cloth diapers while still wearing her clothes, how to shred the disposable variety (during church after soiling the bumGenius), and that it's fun to strip yourself naked (diaper included) at a playdate at someone else's house
f) you decide to give the potty-training thing a go with Jules, out of sheer stupidity (because really, with a two-week old baby?)/desperation about the diaper-escaping thing...be forewarned--Abigail is going to urinate all over the floor
g) the infant who wakes up shrieking every two hours with a full diaper and an empty stomach is the easiest of the three

3 comments:

Crapos said...

Oh dear, I wish I was there to help. And I must say, that is quite a list.

amy said...

So sorry Rachael, I have a smaller carpet cleaner you can borrow for a while if you like. I really hope things get better. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Crapos said...

Rachael,
Thanks for the comment. And yes, Neil likes to do those sorts of things too, but I have finally realized that I shouldn't ask. It took eight months just to refinish Sadie's hutch. He just doesn't have the time and it becomes a source of stress for him (he hates to-do lists). I had plans for him to build a window seat and shelves in Madoc's room and now I think I'm going to piece them together with things from IKEA.

Related Posts with Thumbnails