Juliet has discovered it over the past week, and rejoices in running around with it half over her eyes like a little mushroom head.
Don't you just love this kid?
You are the trip I did not take, you are the pearls I could not buy, you are my blue Italian lake, you are my piece of foreign sky.
"What a happy woman I am living in a garden, with books, babies, birds, and flowers, and plenty of leisure to enjoy them!"
--Elizabeth von Arnim
from Elizabeth and Her German Garden (1898)
Thanks for visiting! I'm a happy wife and mother to six delightfully mischievous children. I fill my early mornings with university teaching and spend the rest of the day finding joy in my children, my garden, and my kitchen. I love running & reading, planning new adventures, trying out new recipes, and watching my children discover their world. This is my blog: be prepared for lots of pictures, lots of foodie talk, and lots of ruminations on my continually evolving philosophies on parenting, eating, and living.
Please comment!!! (I hate that talking-to-the-void feeling). Or feel free to email me at theirchronicles@gmail.com.
5 comments:
Did you wear your new snow boots through the starlight snow? (I now have your old Land's End ones from your early teens in my car--Rosalind's using mine, but I think they fit her better, anyway).
you bet I did! I changed when I got to campus, but I was crunch crunch crunching in those boots all the way, and was VERY grateful for the super tread when I was crossing icy parking lots and the highway.
I love cute kids and yours are some of the cutest.
You cross the HIGHWAY! OK, my mother hen instincts just kicked in. Where do you cross? Do you need a big red flag? Couldn't you stay on the bus until it comes back on your side of the street?
Sorry, Mom...the bus comes on the other side of the highway. But it's not that busy that early in the morning...I just have to be careful when I cross. :-)
Post a Comment