Monday, May 18, 2009

My name is Juliet and I am almost two

Sleep deprivation (from bouncing around, playing games involving who can laugh, yell, fake-snore, sneeze, and cough more loudly, etc.) has stolen away my sweet little Juliet and replaced her with a howling banshee, who banshee-howled her way through the entire morning (including the obstretician's office and the grocery store) and made life miserable for everyone concerned.

Any wise words on this whole sharing-rooms thing? Our problem seems to be that no matter how tired they are and no matter what time they go to bed, they won't fall asleep until it's completely dark and wake up in the morning at the first sign of dawn (blankets over the windows aren't helping with this).

Plus, now I've got a kid who goes around muttering, "Quiet, devil baby" to herself (said by me under my breath in a moment of weakness when trying to get dinner ready to take to another family with a screeching Juliet leech as my companion in the kitchen).

Should go right along with the "Dam bread!" that electrified the missionaries last week when Jules requested jam on her bread at dinner.

5 comments:

Brittanie said...

Hilarious!!! Thanks for a great laugh. It was needed today.

Crapos said...

Not that I know anything about sharing rooms, and not that I think it would actually work, but would it be helpful to put Juliet down a little earlier so she's asleep when Abigail goes to bed? Just a thought. But if yours are anything like mine they'll thwart any and all plans to make them sleep.

necia said...

How thick are the blankets on the window? We have to hang two thick fleece blankets up so absolutely no light comes in the room. I don't know if that would help or not. Other people I know use darkening shades. Good Luck!!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! We all wish that we could take something back that we have said. That's parenthood. Live and learn. I have no suggestions about the whole room sharing except to separate them. My sister had the same problem. I kept telling her to separate them, and finally after three years, she did last week and she said it has been heavenly! My understanding is that it is best to put them in the same room early in life. Because then they won't know any different as they grow up. Try putting juliet in with the new baby when the baby is a couple months old. Then the baby will never know any different, and juliet and him can grow up together. It is okay if they are opposite sexes, Lily and Noah still share a room. For now. But seperate juliet and abagail. It's not worth the headache and loss of sleep.

Chad said...

Welcome to my world. Paige (22 months) and Emmalyn (9) share a room. We put Paige to bed an hour earlier but that doesn't always work. If Paige is still up we put Emmalyn to bed seperately on the couch in our loft or in our bedroom until we go to bed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails