Monday, May 04, 2009
why my grandparents are awesome
I just got a letter today in the mail from my grandmother, who writes me incredibly regularly without fail (incidentally, it's her birthday on Wednesday, so if you know her, don't forget to wish her well!) I look forward to her letters and emails so much, because she always includes thought-provoking newspaper clippings, tasty recipes, and lots of delightful news about what they're doing.
So I hope you don't mind, G'ma, if I share a little of your latest letter on here (if you do, then you can tell me and I'll take the post down later. :-) I just really wanted to share what fun and interesting people they are and the wonderful things that they fill their time with.
"We have been fairly busy here as my little memoir class (18 people this time) has started at the library, and it coincides with our Adventure in Learning, which is two days later but we need stories for that too. Thankfully I have all eight lessons written out for my class. I sometimes ad lib as I go along but at least I have an outline for each class. We will miss next week as we will be at the temple four days...
Papa has been busy lately. He is collecting buckets from restaurants and grocery stores to use for container gardening. He has gotten sponsorship from Rotary CLub who will pay for tomatoes, top soil, and fertilizers for container gardening. He hopes to get Meijers to pay for all that stuff or at least help and he hopes to get missionaries help with the planting. The containers with plants will go to the OutReach center to be given to needy people and all they have to do is water them and watch the tomatoes pop out! Isn't that a great idea?? And he has been working hard collecting buckets, large white ones which now fill one of our garages and the car is parked in the lot!"
I love this--I love them, and I love how both of them are actively pursuing activities that enable them to help other people better their lives. Thank you both for being such great examples to me!
So I hope you don't mind, G'ma, if I share a little of your latest letter on here (if you do, then you can tell me and I'll take the post down later. :-) I just really wanted to share what fun and interesting people they are and the wonderful things that they fill their time with.
"We have been fairly busy here as my little memoir class (18 people this time) has started at the library, and it coincides with our Adventure in Learning, which is two days later but we need stories for that too. Thankfully I have all eight lessons written out for my class. I sometimes ad lib as I go along but at least I have an outline for each class. We will miss next week as we will be at the temple four days...
Papa has been busy lately. He is collecting buckets from restaurants and grocery stores to use for container gardening. He has gotten sponsorship from Rotary CLub who will pay for tomatoes, top soil, and fertilizers for container gardening. He hopes to get Meijers to pay for all that stuff or at least help and he hopes to get missionaries help with the planting. The containers with plants will go to the OutReach center to be given to needy people and all they have to do is water them and watch the tomatoes pop out! Isn't that a great idea?? And he has been working hard collecting buckets, large white ones which now fill one of our garages and the car is parked in the lot!"
I love this--I love them, and I love how both of them are actively pursuing activities that enable them to help other people better their lives. Thank you both for being such great examples to me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think they're pretty cool too!
Post a Comment