True story: I told Abigail she could have whatever she wanted for her birthday meals--anything.
"Salad," she said. "Cut-up apples and oranges."
"That's all?" I said. "Nothing else? Really, you can have anything you want."
With a speculative look in her eye, she said, "Salad for lunch and dinner."
So salad it was. But with a salad as tasty as this, you can understand her reasoning. Go here for the recipe.
5 comments:
Seriously LOVE this one!
See...I love that you posted about this, because it just shows that our bodies naturally want healthy food and when you expose your children to it and don't confuse them with lots of junk (which by the way I am TOTALLY guilt of doing) they gravitate towards eating this way.
I am such a LOVER of fruit in salad - especially during the warm weather - I'll have to give this one a try - sounds delish!!!
I made this last night. We really liked it, however, we'll be liking it for the next few days as well. The recipe is probably enough for 5. I'll have to remember in the future that you're cooking for a lot more people that I am.
Good point, Ryan--I should have mentioned that I usually cut this down when I make it for our family. Hope it still tastes good over the next couple of days!
Post a Comment