Abigail was buried so deeply that it took quite awhile to dig her out. The boys decided to be helpful and pour water on her to wash away the sand, but it ended up just making a giant mucky mess and it was quite amusing to watch her trying to get out.
Here's Jules lying back in the sun...
I didn't get a picture of Isaac in the sand, since I was nursing Nathan, but you can get a good idea of how diligently Luke was trying to help Isaac cover his face. Yikes!
And Luke was so funny--he just lay there with this giant smile on his face and I was actually thinking that he might have fallen asleep, since it was his naptime. Nope--just enjoying his turn to do what the big kids were doing!
This will be the last picture of me for quite some time without raccoon eyes--I made sure all the kids got lots of sunscreen and completely forgot to do myself (nursing every time I remembered and just thought, oh, I'll do it as soon as I finish). Since I was wearing knee-length running tights over my swimsuit (so much better than swimsuit bottoms for keeping out the sand!) I have the worst burn lines ever just below my knees--and around my face in the shape of my sunglasses, since I forgot that I wasn't wearing makeup with a heavy-duty SPF built in.
And I took this set of pictures while the girls were noshing on baguettes and big hunks of Brie--hence the puffy cheeks.
And Nater Tot was so so good all day! (which is saying something considering he's been on a nursing strike that has required pumping and syringing milk down his throat with a medicine dropper to keep him fed. not fun.)
Beach hair! I hope Luke does his hair like this when he's 15 or so.
Sisters! I was trying to recreate this picture from last summer, which I LOVE, but which has people in the background--unfortunately when I moved to get better light it allowed time for somebody else to get in the photo! Oh well.
Near the end of the day, the kids built this huge sand structure with Neil that involved a cave, a tunnel, and a moat running out to the water. Pretty cool stuff.

2 comments:
i so wish that we had been there! also, Paxton can take care of that whole "un-wanted people in the picture" thing for you if you want
Such a fun day! I'm glad we seized it.
Post a Comment